Early / Late Arrival procedure + Bag storage
- Check-in time + Check-out time
- Our guaranteed check-in time (access to the room) is anytime from 3pm on the day of arrival. If you arrive before this time and the room is not ready, we can store your luggage free of charge for you whilst you explore the city and your room will be ready at 3pm.
- Our check out time is at 11am. Please vacate your room by this time so that we are able to clean and service the room for the next guest. If you need, we can store your luggage free of charge, after 11am whilst you explore the city and pick them up when you return.
- Late Arrival
- We have a 24 hours Reception. Someone will always be at the front desk to check you in. If you already know you will have a late arrival, please let us know, we will appreciate.
Check-in procedure + Payment
- Guests are required to show physically a photo identification and a credit card upon check-in. The hotel accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards.
Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply.
- The minimum age for check-in is 19” (unless accompanied by an adult).
- Please note, debit cards are not accepted to make a reservation
- 48 hours cancellation policy. A charge of one-night stay + taxes will be applied to the credit card if the reservation is cancelled within 48 hours of the original check-in time (or in case of a NO SHOW).
- At the time of the booking, we will process a $1 CAD pre-authorization. This is not a charge; it is to verify your credit card in order to guarantee your reservation. It will be back in your bank account.
- Your credit card will be kept on file as a security bond.
- Keeping in the “Victorian” theme, we are stair access only, there is no elevator. We have a total of 3 floors. Staff is available to handle guest luggage to and from guest rooms.
- There is no wheelchair access.
- Pets are not allowed.
- All the rooms and interior public areas are non-smoking.
- There are 16 of the Euro-style rooms. They have the words “Separate Shared Bathroom” in the room title, meaning there are 3 individual bathrooms for 8 guest rooms to use on each floor (2nd and 3rd). Each bathroom is fully refurbished, modern and for the private, sole use with a lock on each.
- Your own personal guest room has its own sink, full mirror, hairdryer, bathrobes, towels and slipper on request.
- We rarely have guests tell us they have had to wait to utilize the bathroom.
- We have limited on-site parking. As a result, they are allocated on a first come first served basis. We do not reserve them. If a space on-site is available, the cost will be $20 CAD plus tax) per night.
- Should a space not be available on your arrival, we will give you directions to an EasyPark parking lot, located a short 3 minutes walk from the hotel on Richards street.
- When you arrive at the hotel, pull up to our passenger zone in the front of the hotel and come up the stairs to reception. From here we can tell you if we have a space or not. If we do, we will process the payment and give you access. If not, we will give you written directions to other carpark close-by in the area.
- A light continental breakfast is included in your room rate (no extra cost).
Items on offer are: Granola, Fruit Salad, Yogurt, toaster waffles, Tea and Coffee as well as an array of Baked Goods delivered fresh from Faubourg French Bakery each morning (consisting of Bread, Croissants and assorted Danishes). Guests are welcome to eat in the breakfast area and we provide trays if you choose to eat in your room.
- Due to a shortage of kitchen space, we do not provide a gluten-free or vegan breakfast items. We invite you to bring your own food should you choose. We will be happy to store it in our fridge at the reception.
- We offer a laundry service for $20 CAD (including taxes) per load
- Free High speed Wi-Fi is provided
- Help from Front Desk to book tours + carry luggage
Room Rate – Children
- The Room rates are based on 2 adults.
- Any extra adult will be charged $25 CAD + tax per night.
- Adding a Rollaway bed is an extra charge of $25 CAD + tax per night
- Children: 12 years old or younger.
- Please note this is a historic hotel, located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver and on occasion the street noise can sometimes be distracting. We offer free ear plugs at the desk upon request.
- To and from the Airport
- Skytrain – From the airport to Waterfront station. This will take 25mins journey time and cost approximately $9.00 CAD per person. The airport station is near the Fairmont Airport Hotel. From waterfront station you will need to walk to the hotel, which is about 4-5 minutes.
- Taxi – From the airport to the hotel will take 25-30 mins journey and cost $35-$40CAD.
- From and to the Cruise Terminal
- Taxi – From Cruise ship terminal (Canada Place) to the hotel will take 5-7mins journey and cost $7-10 CAD. (We recommend this option if you have lots of or heavy luggage).
- Walk- From the Cruise ship terminal (Canada Place) to the hotel will take 12-15 minutes walk.”
- Nearest Skytrain Station
- Waterfront Station. A short 4-5 Minute walk to the hotel.
Money Exchange / Currency
- The Canadian Dollar is the official currency of Canada.
- Most places will accept US Dollars, however we recommend that you convert your US money at a currency exchange or use your credit or debit cards.
- We do accept US Dollars
- The currency exchange is a much better place to convert US to Canadian currency
- The closest store to exchange money is Gastown Collectables, which is a short 2-3-minute walk from the hotel, just off the corner of Pender and Richards Streets (525 W Pender St.
- Virtually all-downtown locations are within walking distance.
- The hotel is very close to Gastown, Yaletown and Chinatown. Rogers Arena and BC Place are less than a 10-minute walk from the Victorian.
- The Simon Fraser Campus and Vancouver Convention Center are also short walks from the hotel. The Via Rail/Amtrak station is a 20-minute walk or $10.00 cab ride.
- There are dozens of great restaurants nearby and we have a list of our favorites at our front desk.