Sometimes the best things in life really are free. As a Vancouver boutique hotel, the staff at the Victorian Hotel know all the ins and outs of the city, and that includes everything you can do on a budget. Here are just a few staff favourites:
1) Gastown: If you’re looking to stroll through the historic part of Vancouver, look no further. Gastown is Vancouver’s oldest neighbourhood, filled with galleries, designer boutiques, and a wide variety of restaurants. If you’re packing a lunch, there’s no end of scenic urban settings to enjoy it in.
2) Stanley Park: This is Canada’s largest park, and one could easily spend all day just hiking its trails or enjoying its gardens. But on top of that, it features a large part of the Seawall, beaches, a lake, and more. It also contains a number of paid attractions, including the Vancouver Aquarium, a pitch-and-putt course, and the Forest Train, which is sure to delight the young and young at heart. But it’s just as easy to spend a relaxing day here without spending a dime. And don’t forget about the free outdoor movies they offer in the summer!
3) The Great Outdoors Next Door: Hop across to North Vancouver and you have a number of free outdoorsy options available, such as the Lynn Valley Suspension Bridge and Canyon Park, or the famous Grouse Grind (aka Nature’s Stairmaster) which will give you a real workout.
4) Street Festivals: Vancouver offers many free street festivals throughout the summer. Past events have included Make Music, the Burnaby Hats Off Day Street Party, and Italian Day on the Drive. Be sure to keep up to date as to what events will be happening when you come to visit!
5) Celebration of Light: If you’re coming between July 28 and August 4th, you’re in for a treat. The 28th Annual Celebration of Light will be taking place, and there’s a number of places you can go to best watch the light show. Second Beach, English Bay, or even Vanier Park in Kitsilano all offer great vantage points.
No matter what you decide to do, the Victorian Hotel will be there at the end of your journey, offering comfort and indulgences like luxury pillow tops, soaker tubs, high-speed WiFi, and flat-screen TVs. There’s even a complimentary Healthy Start breakfast in the morning, so you’ll be all set for your next adventure.
To learn more or make a reservation, call 1.877.681.6369.